Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Okay to Cry

One of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog was to bring forward some of the emotions adoptive mother's have. One thing I absolutely hate to hear is "You have kids the easy way!" WHAT?! Easy? There is nothing easy about adoption. Adoption is hard, emotional, stressful, long and tiresome. Sound familiar? That's right, those are many of the same emotions that women who are pregnant have, the only difference is they know that those emotions will only last 9 months, ours could last for years.

Adopting isn't easy, I don't want anyone to have the idea that all adoptions are as easy as they are for people like Sheryl Crow, Madonna and heaven forbid, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!! No, adoption is a long and emotional journey. But, it is also a journey that is extremely worth it. I wouldn't change anything about our adoptions that we have gone through. We have been so blessed to have the two beautiful children we have and nothing could have prepared me for the strong and often times, over whelming emotions tied with it.

Something that gave me strength was a scripture verse from the Book of Mormon. It is Mosiah 3:4 and it reads "For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thy righteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy."

Your joys are out there, my joys are out there, but while we all wait, my best advice for it all is...
IT'S OKAY TO CRY.

No comments: